For many potential customers your website will be the first point of contact they have with your business. What does your website say? Is it modern and easy to use with just the right amount of information, and does it accurately reflect your business today? Or does it look, feel and sound like the company you were five years ago?
Businesses, industries and technologies are constantly evolving, and to remain credible and competitive, your online presence must reflect that evolution.
Your cue that it’s time for more than a refresh:
Your company has undergone a rebranding process, resulting in a change of visual identity, core values, key messages or positioning.
Your market has changed. Different audiences with different needs are buying your products and services.
Your offerings have changed.
Your site looks dated, and/or information is no longer current.
Your site’s technology needs to be updated. For example, your site may need to be made responsive, or to incorporate a content management system.
Your site isn’t delivering the results you expect.
You’re embarrassed for people to see it, and cringe thinking of prospects landing there.
Are you ready?
Website redesigns can be just as important as a rebranding process. Here are a few key qualifiers to ensure success:
- Be ready for change. There are few aspects of a company’s public face that are more telling than its website. Redesigning your site puts a stake in the ground a few feet (yards, or maybe even miles) from where you were before.
- Be ready for introspection. What is your company all about and why does it matter?
- Be ready to refine your course. Where is your company headed in the next few years? What do you want to happen, and how is it different from what’s happening today?
- Be ready to do some deep diving about your customers. Who are they? What do they want? And how does your company deliver it better than anyone else?
- Be ready to assemble your team. Who will be the decision makers? Who will be responsible for keeping the site up-to-date inside your company, and what outside resources will be needed?
After helping many clients through successful website redesigns, and recently completing our own, we’re well equipped to help you through the process. Contact us to learn more about how your site can better reflect your brand and help you reach your goals.