Even the most talented and efficient in-house creative teams can benefit from external support—either on occasion, or ongoing. You might be looking for a fresh perspective on a special project; need experts with specific skill sets that aren’t available in-house; or need additional bandwidth for a fixed period of time.
No matter what the need, a reliable band of outside talent can bring additional capacity and flexibility on-demand, without the expense of additional headcount.
Here are five tips on making it work:
- When choosing an outside team, look for a firm that understands your market, brand, goals, strategy, and culture and demonstrates an ability to keep all design and communication “on brand.”
- Look for a firm that is agile, and can adjust its headcount and overhead while providing you additional capacity without the cost of adding permanent staff.
- Leverage the learning curve. When you find outside resources that work well with you and your team, use them again and again! You’ll both benefit from a growing bank of knowledge and experience that comes from working together repeatedly. This should result in cost and time efficiencies, as well as stronger creative solutions.
- Find firms with skill sets and specialties that not only reflect what you offer in your own firm, but complement those offerings as well.
- Choose outside teams that push themselves to do good work, are reliable and have a deep understanding of your industry.
How we can help
L&A often partners with in-house teams for clients like Bechtel Corporation, Kuhn Rikon Switzerland, Wine Country Living Magazine and UCSF, among others. We’ve built long-term relationships with these groups through a commitment to exceptional creative work that is on-brand, on-time, and on-budget.
We can create the overall design architecture to support your in-house team as they execute projects, or we can extend your existing brand system and apply it to individual projects. We also provide excellent project management for complex campaigns.
We know creative design, marketing, and branding—it’s all we do, and it’s what we do best. Our clients recognize this and know that outsourcing is the most efficient and productive way to extend their own in-house resources.
Get in touch, and find out how we can bring additional capacity and creativity to your team.